Hey y'all!
It's just about time to start singing Christmas carols again, so I thought I'd end this year by finding a place to keep everyone in the loop and in touch with the inner-workings of our little circus here. It seems like just yesterday was our wedding anniversary (July) and the day before that Valentine's Day, yet here I am on the first day of November wondering where this year went!?!? Ah well, we have so much to be grateful for headed into this Thanksgiving holiday. I am still fighting this cancer, but at least there's plenty of fight and plenty of hope left in me. We aren't going to let this beat us, beat me. We get to spend this holiday season as a family! YAY!! Rob's boat is in the shipyards, so other than the chance that he'll get stuck with 24 hour duty, we will have him home for Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I'm so thrilled that I'm already fighting the urge to drag out the brand new Christmas tree (I'm allergic to the real thing, as we discovered last year when our beautiful fir almost killed me!)
As for the rest of the circus:
Serena is looking forward to getting her military ID card in just 4 months, which for those of you who are non-military, is a VERY big deal to 10 year old military dependents. A DECADE. A whole DECADE my little girl my little girl has been on this earth, and I can't believe how fast time's flown. She's loves any and all kinds of art, running, and is into the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and musicals old and new.
Lucas is our very own 7 year old superhero. He's currently running around the house dressed as The Dark Knight, but yesterday it was Superman, and tomorrow... well, who knows? He's intent on saving the world, whether thru a video game or just being a mediator between his siblings when they're fighting, he's always there to save the day. Besides playing Batman or Star Wars with his brother he's smart as a whip, coming home with 6th and 7th grade level vocabulary words all the time, and he definitely keeps us on our toes.
Aidan celebrated his 4th birthday just a few weeks ago and is bound to be just like his daddy when he grows up. He loves all things Red Sox and Star Wars, Van Halen and AC/DC. He's getting too big for his own good, and is a darling all the while. Spoiled rotten. Sweet as sugar, and hard-headed as the day is long. If he's not playing with his brother and sister, he's chasing the dogs, playing Playstation or drawing pictures for mommy and daddy.
I really could not ask for more.
As for the cancer:
I am currently awaiting results of a biopsy on a cyst found on an ovary this week. I have been diagnosed as having Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Cervix, Stage IIa, have had surgery to remove the cancer and am undergoing radiotherapy every weekday until the end of the year. The biopsy will tell us whether or not chemo will need to be added to the routine (pray please that I can avoid that, as i have enough on my plate already, what with the cancer, and asthma, navy life, and parenting an autistic little one.) As soon as I know more, you'll know more.
Time to sign out as I'm playing single-mom today and it's dinner time and the natives are getting restless. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment