US!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh, how I wished for a Flintstone or Jetson car!

I will NEVER again compare how I'm feeling to being "hit by a truck" cause now I know how that feels... for real!!
Yesterday started out crummy, as I was still reacting to the contrast from the MRI, and was having trouble breathing so I had to get dosed up with more Epi shots. I'm still fighting this pneumonia, so there were more IV antibiotics too.... And then there was my friends' little boy, Victor. He's 2, and FULL of energy, so when he ran straight in front of an older model Toyota Tacoma as fast as his little legs could carry him it shouldn't have been a big surprise as he's in the throes of terrible twos. I freaked (who wouldn't?!) and ran after him, snatched him up by his jacket collar, and threw him behind me onto a median (we were in a parking lot.) The poor little Filipino man who was driving the truck slammed on his brakes and managed to get below 5 miles an hour when he hit ME! No broken bones, (which is a Grade-A miracle considering the radiation) but OWWWWW!!!! Oh how I wished the man had been driving a Flintstones or Jetsons car! (Fred could have stopped because he would have been propelling the car with his feet alone, and George would have just flown right by!) Anyway... I'm okay, just a little banged up, and more importantly Victor is okay. After I realized the truck had actually hit me (yes it took a moment to wrap my brain around that) I was still really scared for Victor, cause it all happened so fast I didn't know if he was far enough away to have kept him from being hit, and when I looked down at him he was bleeding. He immediately started screaming at me though, because I'd thrown him down and he'd busted his lip and had a mouth-full of mulch from the median. THAT'S when I knew he was okay, just because he was soooo mad at me! He was completely clueless that he'd almost committed suicide and was just royally ticked at Miss Faith for throwing him down! Ahhhh...what it would be like to be two again!!!
And that pretty much concludes my little adventure yesterday. IV therapy, more shots, and a run in with an overgrown Tonka toy.
In other, BETTER news: LUC IS FINALLY IN REGULAR 2ND GRADE READING AND MATH CLASSES!!!!!! YAY! I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes us. There's finally light at the end of the tunnel for my baby boy!!!!!!
As for the rest of the Bellos, it's life as usual. (Dad's workin' hard and is thrilled that his softball team won the championship, and the other two are just busy being kids.)
And that's it for today. It's another single mom day for me, and it's breakfast time so I've gotta get a move on. P.S... I'm thinking that, especially on these single mom days, it would be nice to have Rosie, the Jetsons maid around too!
Toodles!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Faith, that is terrible- I hope you are ok- at least you saved his life- what a hero. Am glad to know that Lucas is making some progress in school!!!! Inch by inch, life's a cinch, mile by mile, life's a trial. :)Anne

    ReplyDelete