US!!!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

...moments like these...

Whew! Okay, time has not been on my side lately, but I've found a little bit of it now so hereeee goes!!
First of all, for those of you that don't know already: NOOOOO CHEMO! Hooray!!! The cyst that was removed was just that, a cyst. Nothing more. So, crisis averted, as the saying goes.
As for an update on us- well, that's pretty simple. We passed around a NASTY flu bug this past week that put me and both of my parents in the ER, and made Rob, Serena and Aidan pretty miserable too. Luca is the only one who really dodged the bullet. I felt so bad that my parents were here to visit from Friday evening thru mid-morning Tuesday, and yet I spent all day Saturday & they spent all day Monday in the ER. Luckily we were all healthy on Sunday, and had a great time together.
Other than that, the newest and greatest is just the Marine Corps Ball this past Saturday evening. We went with our close friends Mara and Josh and had a blast. Even completely doped up from the IV of Phenergan that I'd been on all day at the ER, it was just lovely! It was the first time in 5 years that Rob and I have had a whole night alone (the kids had a sleepover with their grandparents) and not even being that sick could have ruined it.
Alright... enough blogging for now. I'm going to enjoy this peace and quiet while I can, as Aidan and the dogs are all napping! Moments like these are too precious to pass up!!! Toodles!!

2 comments: