US!!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Talkin' Turkey, a new in-law, and silver trimmed angels, too!

Happy Holidays, everyone!!! I meant to get pictures and a blog up a few days ago, but life's been so hectic, and I'm struggling with the pneumonia again so I'm a little slow. Sorry!
Thanksgiving was soooo much fun! My parents and "baby" brother Tom (he's 6'2") came down for the holiday weekend, and we spent the day with friends and family. We had a table set for about 16 people, and had a wonderful "big-fat-greek wedding" like holiday. We were so blessed! It was loud, colorful, and delicious to the senses in every way, not to mention that there was enough food for 30 people (which was great as it provided dinner to several marines that were standing duty that evening after we were done.) It was the first Thanksgiving in years when I've been able to sleep in because I wasn't the only one cooking, and we really had a fun, stress-free day with laughter and friends and family and kids and dogs and... oh, it was just a blast.
On Black Friday I traditionally rebel and refuse to shop (I am more like my mom than I ever thought possible, in that I HATE crowds... especially when shopping) and not unlike all the others in that respect. When most of the rest of America was out shopping, my whole family got up that morning and went to the zoo with the kids and enjoyed a little more quality family time. We returned home that afternoon to meet up with my other younger brother Ron, and his future bride who had driven up from the Daytona area where he's stationed (he's a Coastie.) We spent the afternoon at the beach with the family and dogs, and then putting up the Christmas tree at our house. It was our first time meeting Paula, my brother's future bride, and other than the fact that she's a Yankee fan (poor girl got led astray somewhere in life... we'll have to bring her BACK from the dark side! lol!) we had a great time with them here. She seemed really great. It's so strange, though, to wrap my brain around the fact that my little brother is getting married!!!!
Mom, Dad and Tom left for home again Saturday morning so Rob and I had the weekend with the kids for Christmas shopping and then for my lungs to try and give out again. While I was doing well we managed to finish the tree with the new angel, the new ornaments that we each picked out (every year we try and pick one out each for the kids and label them per person and year) and then the new silver accents to match the angel's dress. About 10 am on Sunday my lungs gave up on me, and I've been attached to the nebulizer every since. I'm shaky and weak, but still managed to get dinner on the table tonight and tuck in the little ones even though it's a single-mom day, I'm not breathing well, Aidan is sick, and... nope, that's it... that's enough. Anyway, YAY me! I know I'm rambling tonight. Forgive me, as I'm on these meds so I'm a little on edge and worn out simultaneously. Not to mention the lack of oxygen to my brain! lol! Alright, I'm gonna shut up now and add the pics of our holiday weekend and then head off to bed! Nighty-night, all!! Toodles!!!






1 comment:

  1. Hey there- finally found your blog- you are one creative chick!!! I love the decorations on here- how is Aiden and is your hubby here or there?

    ReplyDelete